We are a Business Unit of Vedanta Limited. Vedanta Limited was created post the Scheme of Amalgamation and Arrangement (Group Simplification Scheme) of Sterlite Industries (India) Limited, The Madras Aluminium Company Limited [MALCO], Sterlite Energy Limited [SEL] and Vedanta Aluminium Limited [VAL] with Sesa Goa Limited [SGL].
We at ‘Sterlite Copper’, represent the Copper business of Vedanta Limited. The Copper business of Vedanta Limited (Sterlite Copper) is well-positioned in the key core sector industries, has a strong track record of performance.
Sterlite Copper operates a 400,000 Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) Copper Smelter with associates facilities such as Refinery and Copper Rod Plant, Sulphuric Acid plant of more 12,00,000 MTPA and a Phosphoric Acid of 220,000 MTPA at Thoothukudi, Tamilnadu. Sterlite Copper also operates a 160 MW coal-based power plant in Thoothkudi, Tamilnadu.
Prime Focus Areas of Sterlite Copper
- Strong Governance and Compliance.
- Environment, Safety and Health.
- Talent Pool and Technology.
- CSR and Community Relations.
- Responsible Corporate Citizen.
- Sustainable and Continued Operations with lowest energy, water and natural resources consumption.
- Recycle, Reuse and sustainable disposal of solid wastes.
Capacity Summary of All Operations
- 400,000 tpa of Copper Anode
- 400,000 tpa of Copper Cathode
- 250,000 tpa copper rod
Mission of Sterlite Copper
- Ensure Zero Tolerance towards the violation of safety, environment and governance norms.
- Be one of the largest single location copper producer in the world at lowest cost.
- Ensure all resources for long term sustenance.
- Continuously upgrade technology to ensure high quality products and services to sustain market leadership and surpass customer expectations.
- Touch and transform lives of the community.
- Create a workplace that respects and values all employees and promotes innovation.
- Develop downstream industries in line with Tamil Nadu Vision 2023.