To be the world’s most admired copper producer, committed to create enhanced value to all stake holders ensuring excellence, innovation and sustainability.
With our continued endeavor for the excellence in the sustainability and taking the edge of the framework being adopted by Vedanta – Our parent company, we have defined our framework of sustainability for our development.
Following are few of our achievements that demonstrate our commitment in our way forward for sustainable development
- Fourth lowest in energy consumption across copper smelters world wide
- GHG emission reporting through Carbon Disclosure Project for 6 consecutive years
- Registered first of its kind CDM project amidst copper smelters in the world
- Zero liquid discharge facility since inception
- Extensive use of Continuous Improvement Projects (CIP) for sustainable development
- First company in South India to have onsite secured landfill facility
- Waste to Wealth – Extensive utilization of waste for sustainable applications
- Green cover in and around periphery of the plant covering an area of 68 hectares
- Accredited with “Five Star” rating by British Safety Council
- World Class Safety Management Systems replicated from global smelters